Wednesday 4 May 2016

Divisional Art Exhibition


We hope families were able to make it out to see the Divisional Art Exhibition last week on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 26 and 27. Miss Cichosz was happy to see so many impressed families when she supervised on Tuesday. Below are the student pieces (dream paintings) from our class with their write ups at the exhibition. We hope you enjoy viewing and reading and that you will come to the show next year!

Kryztofer's Art - Decision
 I used cardboard and acrylic and interference (shiny) paint to represent a dream I had. I used the interference paint to make certain fish in the painting shine and the gold border is like the gold bubble in my dream. After the paint dried, I outlined the value changes with black pen. I didn’t outline all of the value changes because I didn’t want them to stand out in certain places. I wanted the most important things to stand out. My painting is about the decision between two jobs and the decision I made in the dream. The two jobs are paleontologist and marine biologist. I showed paleontologist using bones and a skull of a dinosaur. I showed marine biologist with fish and my favourite marine animal, a shark. I chose the job of a marine paleontologist. I showed that with a mosasaurus skull in the centre of the painting. When I first painted the skull in the centre it was meant to be a liopleurodon, but I changed it because it looked more like a mosasaurus. I hope you liked the painting.


Odin's Art - Respect What You Have


I made a painting that represents many dreams. I painted it on cardboard with acryclic and interference paint. The interference paint is a special paint that makes it look shiny. I used bright colours because I wanted the painting to stand out and I wanted people to look at it for a while. I made a swirl on the bottom that represents the wind and an image of the sun in the top right of the painting. It shows a fight between the wind and rain versus the sun. The sun is too powerful, so the wind and rain are going away. It represents that we need to appreciate what we have. For example, sometimes it’s yucky outside, but we need to appreciate when it’s nice out and go play outside. After the paint dried, I outlined the value changes with black pen. I outlined the larger shapes and value changes to catch the viewer’s eye. I hope you like the painting and enjoy everyone else’s painting. Always go outside and appreciate what we have in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment